<p>Do you know any herbs effective for weight loss?</p> by Anonymous
Now, I’m sure you know this, but there is no herb, pill, shake, or whatever that is magically going to make you lose weight! You have to eat healthy and exercise to achieve the results you want. However, there are a few helpful herbs for increasing your metabolism/curbing appetite that you can add to your weight loss routine.
- Ginseng - Ginseng is a root that brings balance to the body, and that can mean a boost in energy and vitality, as well as a decreased appetite. It can also elevate your mood and improve your sleep, which are helpful for weight loss.
- Spirulina - This is technically a freshwater algae, but it’s also loaded with more antioxidants than any other food on Earth! Spirulina is a dense protein source, which can help you feel fuller and stronger.
- Green tea - Green tea has been clinically proven to curb appetite and increase metabolic rate, not to mention it’s chock-full of antioxidants!
- Reishi mushrooms - Again, not an herb, but it’s often used in Chinese medicine. It increases metabolism, reduces blood sugar levels and boosts stamina while helping to detox the body and strengthen immunity.
- Cinnamon - Another herb that has been clinically shown to regulate blood sugar levels, which can contribute to a healthy body weight and reduce cravings for sweets.
- Cayenne - Cayenne is a super-spicy pepper that can increase your metabolic rate safely, helping you slim down. The heat from the pepper also naturally makes us moderate our food intake, which helps us to recognize we’re full before overeating.
Make sure to stay away from ephedra and guarana, which are linked to numerous health risks, from heart attacks to death. :(